VEGAN, SUGAR-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE
Every December you see us standing in the kitchen, baking these goodies. Everybody loves ginger cookies during Christmas! Good thing we found a healthy version which is sugar-free, plant-based and gluten-free. With these you can enjoy the holidays completely guilt-free.
Baking with Superfoods is easy! The recipe features our beloved Chocolate Lover Mix which is the perfect alternative for every chocoholic! It contains raw and organic Cacao, Carob, Chia Seeds, Lucuma and Maca and it tastes delicious in anything!
- 30g Chocolate Lover Mix
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup organic dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. grounded ginger
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Melt the coconut oil on very low heat and mix all wet ingredients in.
- In a bowl, stir Chocolate Lover Mix with the flours and spices.
- Once it's all mixed, gradually add the liquid mixture.
- Beat for about 3-4 minutes until the mixture is nice and light.
- Add in the Chocolate Chips and beat for another minute.
- Put the dough into a bowl and leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Before rolling the next day, leave the dough sit for about 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 Degree Celsius.
- Roll the dough on parchment paper until it's ~ 1/2cm thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out the cookies.
- Bake for about 8 minutes until the cookies turn golden.
- Let them cool before decorating or if you're like us... start eating right away.
We hope you like this recipe and share it with your friends and family.
For a happy and healthy holiday season!