VEGAN, RAW, GLUTEN-FREE
Who said you had to give up cake when switching healthy and clean diet? Certainly not us! Here at the Your Superfoods office we love our desserts, especially this one: a recipe for a fresh blueberry cake with a creme of cashews and a hint of almonds, together with a boost of antioxidants coming from our Forever Beautiful Mix. Baking without eggs? Of course! The chia seeds in our mix are a great way to bind this deliciousness so it won't fall apart once it's on your plate.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 30g Forever Beautiful Mix
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Start off with crushing the almonds for the crust.
- Once you have a fine almond flour, add in the dates until you have a very thick "dough".
- Press everything into a springform and put it in the freezer.
- Soak cashews are soaked for at least six hours.
- Blend together all the ingredients to a smooth creme. If it's getting too thick, you can always add in more water, although we recommend using as little as possible.
- Pour everything on top of your crust and let it sit in the freezer for at least three hours.
- Take the cake out of the freezer half an hour before serving it to your friends.
- For toppings you can use crushed almonds, fresh blueberries or whatever your hungry heart desires.
This cake is just another proof that a healthy lifestyle in no way has to be restrictive. It's not only delicious, but also gives thanks to our Forever Beautiful Mix a dose of antioxidants coming from the raw Acai, Blueberries, Maqui and Acerola.
We hope you'll enjoy this recipe and wish you a happy and healthy day!