VEGAN, SUGAR-FREE, PALEO
This delicious banana bread is full of protein, making it a great, natural and quick breakfast or snack option. Here are three important reasons to add more plant-based protein to your diet:
- Protein Can Reduce Appetite and Hunger Levels. The three macronutrients (fats, carbs and protein) affect our bodies in different ways. Studies show that protein is by far the most filling. It helps you feel more full, with less food.
- Protein Can Increase Muscle Mass and Strength. Protein forms the building blocks of muscles.Therefore, it seems logical that eating more protein would help you build more of them.
Protein Can Boost Metabolism and Increase Fat Burning. Eating food can boost your metabolism for a short while. That’s because the body uses energy (calories) to digest and make use of the nutrients in foods. This is referred to as the thermic effect of food (TEF). However, not all foods are the same in this regard. In fact, protein has a much higher thermic effect (20-35%) than fat or carbs (5-15%).
- 75g Muscle Power Mix
- 75g almond flour
- 75g quinoa flour
- 10 small dates
- 3 small bananas
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. baking power
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 50g finely chopped walnuts
- 25g raisins
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- Preheat your oven to 150°C.
- Mix the ground flaxseeds with two tablespoons water and allow to sit for at least five minutes.
- Mix the soaked dates, flax seeds, salt, banana, quinoa flour, almond flour and Muscle Power Mix in a bowl.
- Add the melted coconut oil and continue stirring.
- Optional: stir in the almond butter, chopped walnuts and raisins.
- Apply coconut oil to the tray before filling it with the mixture and putting it in the oven.
- Check at 20 minutes, then at 30, and depending on your oven it might take 40 minutes before the Banana Protein Bread is ready.
- Let it cool down a bit before eating or slicing.
SUPER TIP: You can also use different flours such as chickpea, brown rice or buckwheat flour.
Your Superfoods Mixes can be daily added to your smoothies, yoghurt, juices, water, cakes, ice-cream or salads! Here you can find many other different superfood mixes.